Have you ever scrolled through Instagram and later realized that 1 whole hour had passed? Or more? I have. I know of people who have too. Not only Instagram. Other apps too, like Facebook and TikTok
Social media.
You can spend hours on hours on it and not even realize until they are gone. You decide to go search for one thing and you are looking at everything. I would go and check a recipe I had seen and I look at 10 other recipes from it.
Are you a victim?
This post is for you.
I could tell you to stay away but we know that you won't so, let me help you by making sure you spend some constructive time on social media when you are it.
I decided to write about women cause, first, I am a woman, and second, well these people encourage and motivate me every time I stop by their profile and I believe they can do the same for you. Now, these women do more than empower women only. I believe that the content they put out can benefit men too, and that's why they have several male followers.
What's more inspiring is that they are young women that have decided to create something that is not just about themselves. They have decided to empower, educate and inspire people every single week.
Here is my list that will show you that you can achieve what you want too;
1. Ivy Mugo
![]() |
| Photo from @justivy |
Ivy is a gorgeous 32-year-old content creator, mother, and wife. She is also a member of the famous over 25 groups. I was particularly drawn to her profile because of the educative content she posts. There is no time you will check ivy's story and not learn something; be it money, travelling, insurance, work, law, or even parenting. She has a segment in her stories called #MoneyMondays where you will learn and achieve financial education every week.
She recently started a segment in her igtv called 'Legally Speaking' where you will discover a lot when it comes to Kenya laws.
Her stories also have questions concerning work or life matters where you gain insight from other people with knowledge on it.
She is beautiful, funny, creative and really smart.
2. Anerlisa Muigai
![]() |
| Photo from @anerlisa |
Anerlisa Muigai, daughter of Keroche breweries founder Tabitha Karanja, is a 32-year-old entrepreneur. She is the Owner and CEO of Nero Limited which distributes premium drinking water and now champagne.
Anerlisa is inspiring in how she started her own company apart from her successful parent's career. She only goes to show you can achieve so much if you only try.
Anerlisa was also able to lose so much weight in five years and has been a champion of weight loss and healthy living ever since. She has an app for weight loss called Anerlisa Weight Loss Programme. It gives different recipes that can help me cut calories. The only downside to it is that you have to pay for it to be able to use it.
Anerlisa is also a fashion icon.
3. Elodie Zone.
![]() |
| Photo from @elodiezone |
What I love about Elodie is she is unapologetically herself. She doesn't front or pretend for the camera.
Elodie is a 24-year-old YouTube and Instagram sensation. She was born in Kenya but has a French background. She does everything herself which goes to show how smart and creative she is. Sometimes I read the captions and I'm like 'girl you a writer🙂'.
She loves to dance and has created a platform called Sky Girls Ke that is a movement for teens to stay true to themselves.
Elodie is all about empowering women and encouraging them to use their voice. She has endeavoured to help people out from her own experience and what I like the most is her 'Mental Mondays' segment on Instagram that informs on issues such as depression, anxiety and bipolarity.
She has suffered from depression herself and has been a champion for mental health all along. This segment was her chance to do more, to help people with something that she can relate to.
As a supporter of mental health, I find what she's doing bold and inspiring.
4. Janet Mbugua
![]() |
| Photo from @officialjanetmbungua |
I feel like most of you expected this. I mean how could you not. Janet mbugua is more than just a reporter. She has ventured into something that's outside and also connected to her career and that's girl empowerment.
Janet mbugua is a 36-year-old media personality, anchor, advocate, author, actress, mother, Aaah it's enough. How can one person do all that? Well, you can too. She started off her career as early as 19 years old and it's been uphill ever since for her.
Janet Mbugua started the Inua Dada foundation that envisions a global community that empowers, upholds the dignity and protects the rights of every girl child. The foundation is endorsed by Kenya's First Lady, Margaret Kenyatta. It helps to support young girls who cannot afford such things as sanitary towels and basic health care. Her organisation has worked to end period stigma and poverty in Kenya.
Janet has also written a book, My First Time, which is a collection of short stories from several people on their first interaction with menstruation.
A look at her social media shows these works that she has done and much more.
5. Elizabeth Marami
![]() |
| Photo from @lizmarami |
Liz Marami is Kenya's first female marine pilot. The 28-year-old was born and raised in Mombasa and earned a scholarship in Egypt to study navigation.
She narrates the challenges she has faced in being in the industry as a woman and seeks to encourage women to not be discouraged or give up.
In her socials, you can see her achievements and work step by step and know that it's never too late for you.
She started an initiative called Against the Tide that advocates for policies that favour both genders and allows for equal opportunities in access to opportunities in the maritime industry.
To Conclude;
I hope the next time you want to go social media you check out this amazing women. I assure you, you will leave encouraged and believing that you can do it too.
Come back here and tell me in the comments what you thought of them.





0 Comments