Let's be honest, nothing much has happened this year apart from the Corona Virus. It is what is being talked about a lot. Google says Covid-19 is one of the rising searches this year, meaning as days go by, it is what people are googling most.
This article is for those who have found themselves with a little bit, or so much, time during the Covid-19 period. You probably got let go at work, were given leave from work, or can't get a job due to the current situation.
I did intensive research for this article since I have time on my hands and I wanted to see how I can use that time. I also wanted to bring you something that will be helpful and useful.
1. Read. Read Read
This is my first point because I love reading and books. Anyone that knows me knows that I always have a book am reading. Anytime I see that I have extra time on my hands, the first thing I think and I get excited about is how much I can read. So use this time to read and enrich your brain. I found that the easiest way to pick up reading as a habit is to read everything that interests you. If you get a book and you find that you are struggling to read and understand it then drop it, pick something else up. Reading is fun that way. Don't read books that don't fascinate you. So grab yourself a copy of Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo if you love fiction or The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck if you love non-fiction, and enjoy your time with them.
Related: 5 Powerful Books You Need To Read
2. Take a short online course
If you hate novels but still want to learn, you can take a short course online. Several websites offer courses that can earn you a certificate. Research on what you want to learn and go apply. There are online courses on graphic design, business, programming, data science, and network marketing. All courses that will improve your chance in the job market.
You can get some free courses at Coursera, Udemy, or Skillshare. They offer good courses at no cost at all. If you want advanced courses and a certificate, Udemy has courses for as low as $10.99. A high schooler and early college student can get courses at Khan Academy for Free.
3. Work on yourself
By that I mean develop yourself and know more about yourself. We are always so engrossed in everyday life that we barely have time for ourselves. We go to work early in the morning and come back tired and just sleep. This is the time to get to know yourself. What do you like? Many of what you think you like you don't like anymore. And maybe there is more you can like out there. So explore. Go on hikes.
Learn also how to stay self-aware through meditation. Meditation is known to enhance empathy, promote emotional health, and well being, and is a natural stress stabilizer. I started mediation recently and I love it.
Another way to work on yourself is exercise. Experiment and learn which exercise routines work for you.
4. Learn a new skill
Having different skills is very important and beneficial with the current moving pace of life. You need to learn how to do different things in life. Having several skills will help you earn more income and stay valuable to companies.
New skills can be learned through the online courses I have stated before or it can be by your own self. You can also learn them through reading books.
Other skills like cooking, photography, and crocheting can be self-taught and help you earn some side income.
5. Learn a new language
Imagine going to Spain and being able to communicate in Spanish like you have been living there for a while. Imagine how that can improve your travel experience. Or, imagine going to a business meeting and finding that your new client is French. Speaking to them in French will probably be great for your company. Now stop imagining and start learning a new language. Any that you like Spanish, French or Germany.
Sites like Duolingo and Memrise offer free basic language skills.
Stay at home. Stay safe and visit my blog every week for new content😀




1 Comments
Great tips!
ReplyDelete