Sticker with words on a hand


" Goals are dreams brought to life" Amy Leigh Mercree

If you clicked on this topic because you are wondering on how to go about a dream then you are in the right place. If you are here because of a goal you want to achieve, welcome. if you have no dreams or goals then don't worry you are still at the right place.

DEFINITION

Goals can simply be defined as things you set out do that have tangible plans and a timeline while dreams are just fantasies and wishes.
T table showing the difference between goals and dreams

ABOUT ME

For the longest time, I have loved reading novels and writing all the same. In high school, I had a notebook designated to a story that I believed I would come to be publish someday. The story was, as you may have guessed, about a girl and a boy. What would encourage me is how my classmates loved reading it even before it’s finished. I literally had a line of people waiting to read it. Now, I didn’t finish writing the story and I actually don’t know where the book went but I kept writing. I bought another journal and had a notebook on my phone filled with stories and articles.

For just as long, I have also wanted to start a blog. I have always believed that I had a talent and dreamt for so long of reaching people through my articles. If, for instance, I wrote about a relationship I had and the lessons I learned from it and I get to reach someone and teach someone something then I will have accomplished my goal for that writing. But I never started a blog. It was just a dream. I never had a date of when I would start it or my plan of what I would write and for how long. I was always afraid. What if I wrote and I don't reach anyone?What if I'm not good enough? Until recently.

I got let go at work for a while and I had all this time in my hands. It was heartbreaking but I got back to reading a lot and writing. Actually, I didn’t start writing until a friend of mine asked me why I don’t do it anymore. She reminded me that I loved doing it and people loved reading my articles. So I started. And every day that went by my desire to blog grew stronger. I woke up one day. Wrote down my plans. Found a name for the blog. I did a lot of research on what blogging involved and here we are.
My Short Story....
Should be an encouragement for anyone out there that has a passion, desire, dream for something, and hasn’t done anything about it. It is not too late to start. You don’t have to start big. Do something small every day that brings you closer to your dream. If you want to lose weight and you have no money for the gym, start by running every morning and cutting out some carbs. I know it’s not easy but if you commit you can do it. I also know they say people find consolation in knowing they are not alone so I want to tell you, you are not alone. Studies show that 92/% of people don’t achieve their goals. On the bad side, it really isn’t a great thing to be among the majority. Aim to be extraordinary.
Words resolutions on a blue texture


Some of the things you can do to achieve your goals are;

  1.  Make sure goals are as specific as possible. Have the answer for when you want to do something, how you will do it, where and what exactly you will do.
  2.  If your goal is challenging break it down. Mark Zuckerberg said the simple rule of business is doing the simple things first then you can actually make progress. I think the same applies to your goals, break it down, and start with simple things first. 
  3.  Have a timeline for accomplishing your goal. If you leave it open you won’t feel the push to do it. You will always think there's time.
  4. Don’t listen to naysayers. This also applies to your dreams. You are the only one who knows what you can or cannot do. if you allow people to put limits for you then you will never accomplish much.
  5.  Work on your goals. Work hard on it. I don’t think I need to expound on that

I challenge you to examine yourself and work on your dreams. Make them goals today.
If you enjoyed and liked this writing share it with a friend and encourage someone else. Comment below and tell me a dream or goal you have been putting off.